Click to visit the Shieldpride Group website
History of Pincents Manor

The Manor of Pincents takes its name from a 14th Century Tilehurst family. They came from Sulhamstead and obtained their land by an exchange between the Abbot of Reading and Edmund Pincent.
Edmund Pincent is mentioned as a parishioner of Tilehurst in 1341 but from that date onwards it is impossible to trace the history of the Estate. In 1494, a widow called Margaret Sambourn died, and the Estate by inheritance was passed to her son Drew Sambourn until his death in 1506. It was then passed to his granddaughter Margaret.
Margaret married Sir William Windsor and Pincents Manor descended to their grandson Henry Lord Windsor who sold the Manor in 1598 to Anthony Blagrave.
The Manor is known to have still been in possession of the Blagrave family in 1923.
Today, Pincents Manor is privately owned and is part of the Shieldpride Group, which includes the nearby Winning Hand restaurant just off the A4 towards Newbury, the Old Lamb in Theale and the Roselawn Hotel in Burghfield.
         © Pincents Manor 2018  |  t. 0118 932 3511  |  e.  |  Part of Shieldpride Group     Copyright  |  Privacy Policy
    Site by Metzmedia